A Healthy Summer Semifredo
A Healthy Treat the Family will Love
As the weather heats up across Australia the last thing any of us want to do is spend time cooking over a hot stove. Summer is the season for BBQ and salads.....and yummy cold desserts.
Here is a delicious and easy dessert that requires no cooking, tastes delicious and looks amazing on a plate it will be hard not to go back for seconds.
- 3 punnets of strawberries washed and prepared
- 375 g of coconut yogurt (non sweetened)
- 2 cups of sheeps yogurt
- 2 tablespoons of coconut sugar
- 3 tablespoons of maple syrup or coconut sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- Place strawberries into a thermomoix or food processor and whizz until almost smooth
- In a bowl combine sheeps yogurt and coconut yogurt
- Line a loaf tin with plastic wrap 2-3 times
- Combine eggs, maple syrup and maple sugar/coconut sugar in a heat proof bowl over a water on your stovetop and bring to a boil then turn down to medium heat
- With an electric beater, beat for 7-10 minutes, high speed for 3 then low for the rest add vanilla
- Take off the heat and keep beating for a further 3 minutes to take out the heat
- Fold the egg mix into the yogurt mix, add a tablespoon of the strawberry puree’ for colour
- Once combined pour into loaf tin and gently smooth the strawberries on top
- Place into the freezer overnight
- It needs to defrost slightly in the fridge for about an hour before serving
- Turn out onto a platter and serve with fresh strawberries on top. YUM.
These recipes were provided by the food blogger "Good Most of the Time". For more delicious recipes click below