Spiced Poached Pears
A Yummy Winter Dessert
With winter really setting in, this is a perfect dish for this time of the year and anytime of the day. I am a strong believer in cooking and eating fruit of the season, it ensures greater freshness and brings variety into the home.
We just enjoyed our poached pears for afternoon tea with vanilla yogurt.
- 7 bosc pears peeled but leave the stem
- 1/2 cup of raw honey
- 2 tablespoons of coconut sugar
- 2 star anise
- 2 cinnamon quills
- 6 cloves
- 1/2 tsp of nutmeg
- 5 cardamon pods
- 2 tsp of vanilla powder
- Place peeled pear into a heavy based large saucepan and cover with water
- Add the rest of the ingredients and bring to a boil and then r educe to a low to medium heat and simmer for about two hours
- Test with a skewer to check if it is cooked through (the spoon has to glide through it)
- Store in a bowl with all the juices for a few days in the fridge and serve with kefir yogurt, ice cream or custard.
This recipe was provided by the food blogger "Good Most of the Time". For more delicious recipes click below