Creating a winter wonderland
Just because it’s the middle of Winter doesn’t mean you have to live with a dull, drab garden and wait until Spring for a bit of colour.
In fact, the opposite applies because some of the most beautiful shades of colour are Winter blooming plants including:
- vibrant purple tibouchinas;
- pink, purple, yellow and orange azaleas;
- bright yellow chrysanthemums;
- soft pink and cream camellias;
- red and orange native grevilleas;
- pink and white cyclamens.
Potted colour annuals are a great but short-lived way to change the look of the garden each season, and are a great idea for adding a splash of colour on decks and balconies too.
Help protect the garden in Winter with mulch. It’s often just associated with keeping moisture in the ground during hot months, but it’s equally as important in Winter when unprotected ground can ruin plants with frosts.