Discourage burglars as the weather warms
September 01, 2016
October means the warmer weather’s here and it’s time to dust off the tent and think about hitting the beaches and waterways for a camping holiday.
While we’re thinking getaways, burglars are planning their movements too.
Fortunately LJ Hooker has prepared some common sense tips for home owners to consider before heading off on holiday:
- Cancel all regular deliveries like newspapers as cluttered lawns and driveways are giveaways the owners aren’t home
- Ask a trusted neighbour to keep an eye out on your property and collect the mail or arrange for Australia Post to hold your mail until you return
- Make sure ladders and bins are secured and can’t be used by intruders to climb through windows or other entry points
- Think about getting someone to tend to your garden and front lawn if you will be away for an extended period as warmer weather increases growth
- Keep valuables including spare house and car keys, jewellery and other items in a safe or somewhere other than the home
- Time controlled switches are useful in creating the impression someone is at home
LJ Hooker today launched its new charity, the LJ Hooker Foundation, to manage the significant funds ...
It’s the million dollar question every real estate agent and buyer is asking, where are all ...
October means the warmer weather’s here and it’s time to dust off the tent and think ...