How does your garden grow?
Prepare yourself with either hired or borrowed tools, unless you have your own. The basics may include a trowel, small spade and digging fork; shears; rake and brooms; whipper snipper; lawn mower; hedge trimmer; and high pressure water hose or guerney. You will also need to address any rubbish removal.
When caring for the gardens make sure you:
- Visit garden centres for advice and ideas on sprucing up a neglected garden
- Clean up steps, the porch, veranda, courtyard and other areas
- Revive any untidy or dead pot plants with a new fresh look
- Make sure windows and screens get a good clean outside
- Tidy up the garage, carport and shed.
- Replace dead plants in the garden
- Rake and mow the lawn, Mow, weed and feed it
- Weed path borders and garden beds, and smarten up path edges
- Sweep and wash down the driveway