Ideas to brighten up your place this Summer
December 01, 2011
Here are our top low cost tips on dressing up your rental home that can move with you, and best of all, these improvements won’t get you in trouble with your landlord.
- Buy some local artwork to add colour to your walls or get some of your favourite photos printed on canvas at your local photo outlet.
- Freshen up your garden with a colourful planter filled with herbs – this will liven up your summer meals as well as look great.
- Add some potted summer flowers to your front entrance or porch (local markets are a great place to get good value plants and advice).
- Buy some colourful outdoor furniture (or spruce up what you have).
- Get some solar lights for your patio or garden to make it shine this summer.
- Clean up your barbecue and patio to get it ready for summer entertaining –you might need to invest in a new esky and mosquito coils.
- Go through your cupboards and make a display of any quirky items on shelves and tabletops in your living areas - According to Dulux’s expert colour forecasters, the top colours for 2012 will be blues, paprika and tonal shades reflecting natural and raw materials.
- Buy some oranges, limes and lemons and put in bowls in your kitchen to give it an inexpensive and tasty facelift.
- Invest in some new soft furnishing like rugs, cushions and bed linen in the latest summer colours.
- Purchase a coloured outdoor market umbrella or pop up gazebo to add life as well as sun protection to your outdoor space.
The LJ Hooker New Year Campaign has finished, with 5 winners who had their home appraised by an LJ ...
There are many reasons why tenants opt to pay rent over purchasing. Some of these factors ...
More Australian families are opting to invest in the thriving local holiday real estate market, ...
The latest market analysis from the Domain Group suggests the surge in apartment construction in ...
LJ Hooker, Australia’s number one real estate network, has reinforced its position as ...
Capital city price growth has not ended the dream of property ownership for tenants, with a survey ...