Ideas to brighten up your place this Summer
December 01, 2011
Here are our top low cost tips on dressing up your rental home that can move with you, and best of all, these improvements won’t get you in trouble with your landlord.
- Buy some local artwork to add colour to your walls or get some of your favourite photos printed on canvas at your local photo outlet.
- Freshen up your garden with a colourful planter filled with herbs – this will liven up your summer meals as well as look great.
- Add some potted summer flowers to your front entrance or porch (local markets are a great place to get good value plants and advice).
- Buy some colourful outdoor furniture (or spruce up what you have).
- Get some solar lights for your patio or garden to make it shine this summer.
- Clean up your barbecue and patio to get it ready for summer entertaining –you might need to invest in a new esky and mosquito coils.
- Go through your cupboards and make a display of any quirky items on shelves and tabletops in your living areas - According to Dulux’s expert colour forecasters, the top colours for 2012 will be blues, paprika and tonal shades reflecting natural and raw materials.
- Buy some oranges, limes and lemons and put in bowls in your kitchen to give it an inexpensive and tasty facelift.
- Invest in some new soft furnishing like rugs, cushions and bed linen in the latest summer colours.
- Purchase a coloured outdoor market umbrella or pop up gazebo to add life as well as sun protection to your outdoor space.
In many places around Australia, especially capital cities like Sydney and Melbourne, competition ...
Many investors look for a property to offset their income tax, to have a long term asset, they like ...
A recent, national online forum asked tenants what they thought made someone a suitable or ...
Sharing a nice dinner, easy conversation and someone who always pays bills on time and makes you ...
Tasmania is now the first Australian state or territory to have legislated minimum standards for ...
The average time a property spends on the market has reduced by almost two weeks in ...