June quarter report has good news for many investors
October 01, 2012
The LJ Hooker June quarter rental review, powered by RPData, reports:
- Rental markets nationally increased over the June quarter.
- Weekly rent increases were recorded nationally both houses and units.
- Nationally, weekly rents are up by 4.2% for houses and by 2.8% for units over a year.
- Growth in advertised rental rates over the year was most significant in Sydney, Perth and Darwin - cities characterised by a limited supply of new housing stock and tight vacancy rates.
- Regional and rural markets, particularly those associated with the mining and resources sector, generally enjoyed strong growth in rental rates over the past 12 months.
- Regional coastal and lifestyle markets recorded much more subdued rental growth over the year due to lower overall levels of housing demand.
- Based on median advertised house rents, the Pilbara region of Western Australia is the most expensive in which to rent with a current median advertised rent for houses and units of $1,700/week.
LJ Hooker today launched its new charity, the LJ Hooker Foundation, to manage the significant funds ...
It’s the million dollar question every real estate agent and buyer is asking, where are all ...
October means the warmer weather’s here and it’s time to dust off the tent and think ...