Summer selling prediction: HOT
November 04, 2011
Summer 2011-12 is predicted to be HOT for property sales with many people looking at the options in the market in the lead up to the summer break and using their time to hunt for the right property – which could be yours!
The more people who look at a property, the greater the chance of selling it.
It is important to prepare your property for sale as good presentation will give you an edge over the competition.
First impressions are important and may influence a prospective buyer’s decision to come into your home.
Be objective, and take a look at your property from a buyer’s perspective. Aim to make your home inviting - make it bright and cheerful, in keeping with the season.
Our top tips to help make your home a summer sensation:
- Check that your home looks attractive from the street and make sure the streetscape and front entrance are tidy and clean;
- Arrange some fresh flowers in a prominent place;
- Let natural light into the rooms;
- Clean windows and curtains;
- Make sure there is air flow and a good temperature via fans or air conditioning;
- Wash walls to make the property look clean and bright;
- The smell of flowers, brewed coffee or baking makes a home inviting;
- Storage space sells, so clean out your cupboards to make them seem bigger;
- Clean up after your pets. Keep their toys, litter trays and food bowls out of the way;
- Sweep paths and patios, and remove spider webs from the eaves;
- Make your garden look its best. Remove rubbish from the garden, weed, and prune shrubs and trees. Plan ahead and plant some flowers so they will be in bloom when your property goes on the market;
- Make necessary repairs, e.g. fix the garden gate or the tear in the flyscreen;
- Make sure the property is tidy. Any clutter will detract from its appeal; and
- Make kitchens and bathrooms sparkling clean. They are the rooms used most by the family and how they look will affect buyer’s overall impression of the property.
Remember that people want to buy a dream.
Make your home look like your buyers dream by ensuring it is neat and tidy and the garden is healthy and cared for. A property purchase may be a business transaction, but emotions can win a sale. If it is love at first sight, a potential buyer will bend over backwards to play down any shortcomings.
And remember your local LJ Hooker agent is there to help if you need an appraisal or any advice on making the most of your home.
Purchasers often think the property is theirs once settlement is completed. But this is not the ...
So how is the market travelling? According to LJ Hooker’s recently released Open Market ...
Since the Rentvestor™ trend emerged in 2013, LJ Hooker has been keenly tracking the evolution ...
At LJ Hooker, we’re very proud to announce that we’re the industry’s digital ...
The Block judge Darren Palmer gives his tips for lights in renovations. Use natural light to your ...
Knowledge is important Entering the world of investment property is certainly exciting, but ...