Tasmania leads the way
December 02, 2013
Tasmania is now the first Australian state or territory to have legislated minimum standards for residential tenancies after a recent Residential Tenancy Amendment Bill was passed by the Upper House.
The move spells great news for tenants and means leased properties now have to meet certain, minimum standards to ensure tenants are safe and comfortable.
These now mean properties should be:
- Weatherproof and structurally sound.
- Clean and in good repair.
- Feature a bathroom and toilet.
- Feature a kitchen sink, hotplates and an oven (it can be a microwave).
- Supplied with electricity.
- A fixed form of heating.
- Curtains (except properties owned by Housing Tasmania).
- Adequately ventilated.
LJ Hooker Claremont | Dalkeith has been appointed to sell Western Australia’s highest profile ...
Homeowners considering listing in this spring selling season should be eyeing slowing price growth ...
It’s the million dollar question every real estate agent and buyer is asking, where are all ...