Understanding your rights – Landlord and Tenant
There are certain rights and obligations that both landlords and tenants should be familiar with to ensure a hassle free tenancy.
A key to a successful tenancy for both the landlord and the tenant comes down to communication and understanding exactly what each party’s rights and obligations.
It is the property manager’s role to equip landlords and tenants with the information they need in order to do so.
Property managers have the experience and skills to assist landlords and tenants through frequent and open communication with both parties and this ensures any matters that may arise can be resolved quickly and efficiently.
The good news is that the majority of landlords and tenants adhere to their obligations and work hard to ensure they have happy harmonious renting relationship.
Here are some helpful tips for landlords:
- Make sure the property is maintained properly and repairs are made promptly
- Smoke alarms must be installed by a qualified technician and maintained regularly
- Reasonable notice should be given to tenants for access to the property
- Ensure individual window locks and electrical safety switches are installed and
- Landlords need to understand the rights of tenants in regards to ending a tenancy and follow the proper processes and protocols
Landlords like to have tenants who pay rent on time, promptly advise the property manager if there is a problem and look after the property as if it was their own.