What makes a suitable tenant
December 02, 2013
A recent, national online forum asked tenants what they thought made someone a suitable or unsuitable applicant for rental accommodation.
Here are some of the key findings:
- Have a steady job and make sure the rent’s affordable for you.
- Be tidy, trustworthy and honest.
- Offer more than what the asking rental price is per week.
- Pay rent on time, every time and even better, pay a few months up front.
- Keep the place clean, undamaged and don’t whine about small things.
- Have a letter from a previous landlord saying you are a great tenant.
- Show a previous sound rental record to prove you are reliable.
- Follow any rules in place and be considerate of neighbours by not being noisy.
- When you apply for rental premises smile, be polite and well dressed.
The sustained growth in house prices in the major east coast metropoltain markets is creating a ...
LJ Hooker Claremont | Dalkeith has been appointed to sell Western Australia’s highest profile ...
Homeowners considering listing in this spring selling season should be eyeing slowing price growth ...