LJ Hooker Research white paper: The Investor benefit
LJ Hooker Research is pleased to introduce our report on the Abbott Governments highly anticipated first budget. The release of the budget revealed the depth of the much speculated spending cuts as well as new revenue initiatives both designed to repair the budget bottom line. Positively, the Government kept its promise to increase funding on major infrastructure projects and these measures will support the growth of Australia’s property markets.
Key 2014-15 budget measures:
- Budget deficit of -$49.9 billion for 2013/14 reduced to -$2.8 billion in 2017/18.
- New $11.6 billion worth of infrastructure spending.
- $36 billion in spending cuts over the next four years.
- Company tax rate dropped by 1.5%.
- New Paid Parental Leave scheme introduced.
- 2% Temporary Budget Repair Levy on incomes over $180,000.
We hope you find this report insightful, for further information on your market click here to find your local LJ Hooker office.