Choosing A Real Estate Agent
Here are some things to think about to help you choose the right real estate agent.
There are lots of things to consider when choosing a real estate agent to sell your property:
- Can they display their local knowledge of your area?
- Do they have the right attitude?
- Do they listen to your concerns and answer your questions?
- Can they detail exactly how they will approach selling your property?
- Will they clearly outline the activities and marketing they will undertake and offer a guarantee of service?
- Will they be honest and act in your best interests?
- Do they have any comparable previous sales they can show?
- Did they offer proof of a database of buyers ready to market your property to?
Discuss your requirements with your local LJ Hooker real estate agent, who can provide you with the benefit of their local knowledge and experience, while offering honest advice and a proven plan to sell your property for the best price possible.
In all states and territories in Australia and in New Zealand, all real estate agents have to be licensed in accordance with local legislation. The legislation also regulates such matters as trust accounting, continual education of licensees and those engaged in the business of selling, managing property and renting. In some areas this legislation also prescribes the form of agency agreement or contract to be used.
You should check the licence details of all real estate agents you are thinking of using before signing up with your preferred choice.