LJ Hooker Tenant paper
Australia houses a diverse mix of tenants
What is in this white paper?
LJ Hooker recently undertook a major survey of tenants around the country. This was done to better understand what motivates tenants and to find out what issues they have with renting. In addition, we also wanted to hear about what drives their real estate choices and aspirations.
What did tenants tell us?
55% of tenants are aged 35 years or older. Renting is not just for younger generations moving out of home.
21% have a household income of over $100,000 per year. Tenants come from a broad range of socio-economic groups.
All types of households rent. From singles (34%) to couples without children (25%) and couples with children (29%).
Affordability continues to be the main driver behind why tenants rent (33%).
Many tenants have an aspiration to buy their own property with 27% renting because they want to save a deposit for a property.
- Security of tenure (28%) and rents being too expensive (21%) are the two major concerns for tenants when it comes to renting.
Please download the report for more information on this topic.
We hope you find this report insightful, for further information on your market click here to find your local LJ Hooker office.
Looking for More Market Information?
- LJ Hooker Research Reports
- Download the latest Open Market Report
- Access more White Papers in the myLJHooker eBook Library
- See our latest Press Release about the Youth White Paper