How to best hang a picture
According to design experts the best height for a picture on a wall is to have the centre of the ...
According to design experts the best height for a picture on a wall is to have the centre of the picture about 1500mm from the floor, or to have the base of the frame about 250mm above a piece of furniture.
- Avoid using adhesive hooks if your walls are damp or you live in a humid area
- It is wise not to hang pictures in areas that get hot or steamy or too much sunlight as they will age your artwork/photographs more quickly.
- Use hooks that are correct for the weight of your picture/s
- Choose frames that will enhance or complement your artwork rather than overpower it.
- Place a matchbox or similar item behind the frame to avoid mould growth on walls if you live in a humid area